Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Life on a $0 budget... you heard me right

I'm always up for a challenge. But this is by far the toughest challenge ever. 

No shopping until Spring 2014 (this does not include the 3 items on the boys wish list, we budgeted for that all year) but for everything else... we're nixing it all together because we are planning to move! I'm really super excited to finally moving into a bigger place but that also means a huge expense that we need to be well prepared for. So with all the special occasions coming down the pipeline (8 birthdays, 10 holiday gifts for the immediate family, not to mention colleagues and friends!) December is the hardest month to save any money! With or without a budget. So what do I do?? I mean what can I REALISTICALLY do??

I can make something special for every single person I wish to celebrate this month. 

Here's what I'm thinking... (insert giggle here)

1.  My mom's birthday - A day for just us gals to New York's 5th Avenue, window shop and visit the Rockefeller Tree - all so glamorous. All completely free! LOL 

2. My nieces 4th Birthday, the day after Christmas. My niece doesn't care for things (God bless her) but she does have incredible memory. So I'm going to schedule a tea party at her "play place" and we will play dress up and paint our nails and make friendship bracelets from the kit I bought myself years ago... all free and all very memorable (i always want somebody to play tea party with!)

3. My sis-in-law, also the day after Christmas. She's another one that doesn't care for things. She's completely obsessed with my kids (her only niece and nephews) so I am going to run through her facbook and print out a personalized collage of their pictures together. She's a sucker for that stuff. Again, I have stocks of photo paper... yeah that's right.... this too: free. :)

4. My cousin-nephew is turning 8. I love this kid and my son worships him. They've been begging us moms for a sleep over, so I'm hosting one for the birthday boy. Making him King for the day. Watch his favorite movie, make his favorite dish and do a little Just Dance on the Wii. I keep a Birthday Bin of decorations, candles, cupcake wrappers and even glow sticks. We're having a party and I'm not spending any $$! (gosh! I'm kinda jelly, I want this kinda party for my 32nd!!)

5.  My prima-hermana, that translates to my sister-cousin. We're cousins but we're really more like sisters and she is turning 30! this is a huge deal. I won't spoil my ideas here bc she loves me and my blog lol so I will stay mum. But I promise to make her feel like a Million bucks! ;)

6. My best friend's daughter is turning 3 and luckily, I snagged her present MONTHS ago! I love when I do that. It's no stress to me now, but it gives me wiggle room to add some extra free charm, like a DIY charm for her room, something I've been dying to do!

7. Two of my dearest friends celebrate Birthdays today (Dec. 4th) and I don't get to see them often. So I'm mailing them a reminder of just how much I love them and couldn't live without them. :)

8. Finally, to end the year... my little guy Jake turns 4 this year. Because of he obvious, his birthday can easily be pushed around the holiday. And this year is no different, only because we didn't do a party for Jordan's 6th this year and we're planning to have Gabby's 1st in January. No matter what, Jacob doesn't care about anything besides Thomas the Tank Engine. Having been obsessed since his 1st birthday, I have all the left over decor. I'll set up a spread, call the family over and make him King for the day.

And that my friends is how I plan to make this month a NO-SPENDING month. 

Thoughts?? got better ideas?? let's hear 'em!! PLEEEASE! :D

 Sarah
@imahotm0m

No comments:

Post a Comment