Thursday, September 6, 2018

Welcome Back to School Basket - for Kids!

Hi Friends!

Today, I have special treat for the kids! It's a "Welcome Back to School Basket" filled with goodies to help them kick off the new school year successfully.

I came up with this concept after doing something similar with their stocking-stuffers - buying them basic life necessities; like new power toothbrush and character band-aids as gifts! And it works!

Objective: Equip your child with everything they may need to face the facts, their friends, their fears and more... in a simple gift basket made by Mom and Dad.

Consider your child's age and grade, here's some fun items to consider for your basket. 
  • A new tooth brush & personal mouth wash. Hygiene is crucial at any age, get them exited about taking care of themselves
  • Mini sand timer - did you know your kids should brush their teeth a total of 2 minutes? And they should wash their hands as long as it takes to sing "Happy Birthday"!
  • Back pack charms or new hair accessories
  • Toiletry goods - deodorant, yummy smelling body wash and moisturizers
  • Backpack zipper pouch with kid-friendly essentials like tissue pack, hand-sanitizer and lip balm
  • Got a kid in junior high? Get them Locker accessories and organizers!
Here's a quick snap shot of the basket I made my daughter. My youngest got something similar basket with Paw Patrol and Thomas the Train goodies.

My daughter started Kindergarten and LOVED this little basket of goodies.

You can score all these items at the Dollar Tree!

This little pouch came with my son's backpack. He just started Pre-K and I just know I'll need these items often as we walk to school or home.
My older boys didn't get such a presentation, they're been down this road already so I just organized their toiletries in their backpacks a couple of days before school started. But I did add body spray for my oldest - he was pretty excited about that. Sweet and Simple kid baskets but totally effective, my kids loved it.

Anything you would add to this list or something you'd omit? Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing. A perfect mother and an amazing woman. Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shell!!!!!!! Thank you for your constant support and love and inspiration! You are truly one of a kind. xo

      Delete